Welcome to Speech Therapy Activities!
To make this sound, the back of the tongue lifts up, then air is released. There is no voice made with the sound. Only air comes out of the mouth.
- Just practice the sound you are targeting. For example, if you want to practice /k/, then say the sound 10 times twice each day. Just be sure NOT to add a syllable after the sound. Practice "k-k-k-k", not "kah".
- Next add the syllable. Work on the sound in one position - in the beginning of words, "car", middle of word, "turkey" or end of words, "sock". Pick one position (beginning, middle, or end) and get comfortable before moving to another position.
- If syllables are now easy and pronounced right, it's time to move to words. Practice words in the position you are targeting. If you have targeted the sound in the beginning of words, then find 10-20 words and practice them using different types of games.
- If you're ready to move on, put the target words into phrases and sentences. You can make up phrases and sentences, or use pattern sentences like "I want a _____."
- Listen for the correct sound during normal conversation. If it is mispronounced, call attention to it and repeat to correct it.
- Start over with another position of the same sound.
For information on production of this sound go to: