It’s amazing that we can listen to another person talk and know exactly who it is by their voice. I am always amazed that young children can also distinguish voices. This listening game can be played with a small group or with an entire class.
- Place a chair in front of the group.
- Pick one child at a time and let them sit in the chair with their back to the group.
- Another child from the group is instructed to say hello, good morning, or recite a nursery rhyme.
- The child in the chair guesses (from hearing the voice) which friend was talking. (no peeking)
- After the child guesses the right person, another child gets a turn to sit in the chair and guess the voice.
- Continue until all the children have had a turn.